Saturday, January 05, 2013

A LOOK BACK AT THE TOP TEN (plus two!)

Since this is the start of 2013, and inspired by some of my blogging buddies, I've decided to do a list of the top 10 posts of KidServant's Log, as determined by Blogger pageviews. And since there are a couple of ties, it actually works out to 12 posts (everybody likes a bargain!).

So if you are ready for a proverbial blast from the past, or you're new here and want to see what you've been missing, then strap on your seatbelts and away we go.....

10. THE SEVEN SIGNS OF THE HOLIDAYS (December 1, 2011)
       Personal insights as to how we know Christmas is near.

 9. TURNING OVER A NEW PAGE (October 10, 2010)
      Announcing my decision to step down from teaching the Sunday Morning Adult Bible Study I had led for seventeen years.  My main reason was to concentrate more on Children's Ministries. If I only knew what was to come...

      DOING IT OVER: ITEM #3 (November 15, 2012)
       The whole "Doing It Over" series was about things I would do differently in Children's Ministries.  This segment on working with the church leadership, apparently struck a chord.

 8. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL '10: "BACKSTAGE WITH THE BIBLE" (August 2, 2010)
      My review of our church's VBS featuring curriculum and songs from "Go Fish".  Great memories.

     A COUPLE OF MUSICAL FAMILIES YOU SHOULD KNOW (July 16, 2012)
      Rob Biagi and the Justin Graves Band: two musical families you should know

 7. TEN NATIONALLY KNOWN INFLUENCERS  (June 12, 2007)
      The sequel to people I've known personally who have impacted and shaped my life, this list contains people who (for lack of a better term) are famous and have helped me and my ministry.

 6. CPC '12: PRELUDE 2: "CPC, WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?" (February 23, 2012)
      This gives some reasons why I get so excited about the INCM Children's Pastor's Conference.

 5. RECRUITING LESSONS I'M STILL LEARNING (September 25, 2010)
      Remember when Aaron and Hur saw weakness in Moses and tossed him off he cliff for the good of the Israelites?  Just wanted to see if you were still reading! (I may have to blog about how my lesson turned out.).

 4. CPC '12: PRELUDE 1: "FIRST TIME ON A STRANGE PLANET" (February 8, 2012)
      A look back at my very first CPC experience.

 3. HOW I SPENT MY WEEKEND (July 28, 2008)
      Recounting the day I tried to clean and organize the office.  I'm surprised this ranked so high.

 2. A BIG AND SOBERING ANNOUNCEMENT (December 19, 2011)
      The heartbreaking post revealing my forced resignation as Children's Pastor.  It was, and still is, a confusing turn of developments, but my joy and peace remain in Christ.

 1. TEN OF MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY SHOWS (November 29, 2008)
      I did not plan this, but it seems my list begins and ends with Christmas themes! Although I've tried not to analyze too much, I'm wondering if people keep searching for "holiday shows" and wind up on my blog.

Two observations before we go:
1.  Most of my blogs are related to Children's Ministries.  This was a huge element in my life.
2.  With a few exceptions, later posts got more views than earlier posts.  I think it is because I have more network connections than I had when I first started. 

Or there was nothing else happening on the information superhighway.

On to 2013.......

No comments:

Post a Comment