Tuesday, August 19, 2008

INTERESTING: THE FINAL CHAPTER (and a new beginning)

If you've read my blogs over the last couple of years, you recall a couple of reports on an interesting development in our church. (I'll summarize in a moment, or you can just go to Interesting 1 and Interesting 2 for the skinny!). I know many of you have been praying and have been curious as to what's happened.

Back in January of 2007, our leadership decided to transfer all the duties and responsibilities of the "Children's Ministries Director" over to our Christian Education Elder. I was allowed to lead the kids' program on Sunday morning (and also direct VBS), but I had no authority to really run with anything (not to mention having absolutely no input or involvement in the rest of the children's programs). The sudden move left me feeling a little bewildered and befuddled.

Since that time, I've tried to be faithful to the ministry that I have been given on Sunday mornings. It's been good. But as 2007 drew to a close, I wondered if it was time for our church to take a good, solid look at children's ministries in general and the part I would (by God's leading) play in it. But delays and cancellations caused the issue to be postponed. January turned into February and spring rolled into summer, but the board still had not had an opportunity to even hear the proposals.

Until Tuesday. At the monthly board meeting, the C.E. Elder and the former C.E. Elder teamed up to make the proposal that I be appointed as "Children's Pastor" of our church.

The leadership agreed.

So now I'm officially the CP of our church. Since I already do a lot of the things that are done, the change will not be a major dramatic one. What it does primarily is give me the freedom to once again tie our ministry programs together and "kick it up a notch" or two.

Thank you to all of you who have prayed and offered encouragement during my time of "wonderings." Let the new chapter begin....

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, bro:) I look forward to hearing how things go!

    ReplyDelete