Monday, May 14, 2007

SILVER ANNIVERSARY TRIP: NO NEED TO BE "BLUE"

Today, my wife and I did a little exploring of South Lake Tahoe. After a nice breakfast, we drove around, checked out a visitor's center, did a little shopping, and made our way over to a complex known as "Heavenly Village." It's a combination of upscale, open air mall and time share condos. While there, we watched Spider-Man 3. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the look. It's a little intense for youngin's, but it also contains a lot of themes that line up with Biblical values. It's hard to describe the values without giving away the plot, so maybe we'll re-visit this particular movie another time.

On the way out, I saw two celebrities just hanging out

Jake and Elwood Blues themselves! About the only thing I have in common with the famous Blues Brothers is that I'd like to think that I too am on a mission for God. (only I don't say it with the midwest accent).

It's time once again to sign off. But before I do, here's a couple of quick pics from just outside our door.

Our home away from home for most of this week.

Gorgeous mountain on the horizon. Don't know what it's called, but I'll find out and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment