Friday, February 23, 2007

CPC 07: GETTING THERE IS HALF THE FUN

Here I am in beautiful San Diego, California for the 2007 Children's Pastor's Conference! As I shared in a previous post, I've been looking forward to this for some time. And my journey to southern California just makes my presence here all the sweeter.


No, the above pics are not San Diego. They are pics of what we woke up to on Thursday in southern Oregon. Like all good travelers, I checked on my 9:00 a.m. flight before arriving at the airport two hours early. And all was good....until I got to the airport, where the nice lady at the United counter put up a placard that said all flights were cancelled for the morning

Rogue Valley International Medford Airport, where construction barriers are second only to snow and ice for pedestraian obstacles.

God is awesome and still in control...I not only got to spend a little breakfast time with my wife, but there were two very important, time sensitive matters I needed to attend to...I would have missed them if I had left on schedule. Praise the Lord!

The very nice lady rescheduled my flight for the afternoon on whatever was available. Unfortunately, it included a five hour layover in San Francisco! So I read, I wrote, I watched people, I walked (not exactly a chipper walk when you're carrying a briefcase and laptop), and I waited, and waited, and waited.....

When I finally got to my destination, it was after midnight (only eight hours later then my original itenerary!). After a quick call to let my wife know I had arrived, I got ready for bed.

The next day, I was reminded why this was San Diego:

Town and Country Resort...my home for the next few days.

Just outside my room...partly cloudy and blue

After finally figuring out how to set up the wireless connection for my laptop (which is way cool) and taking a walk around the humongous Fashion Valley Mall, it was time to sign in to CPC.

The banner says "Welcome Home." For the last two years, the California CPC has been held in Anaheim (I think because of renovations to the Town and Country). Now the CPC has returned to San Diego. It's like I never left!

The theme this year is "More Than a Story." And if getting here was half the proverbial fun, I look forward to what's more!

I look forward to your comments as this adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment