Thursday, October 21, 2021

CHURCH REPORT FOR OCTOBER 17, 2021: a word about my pastor

Disclaimer (because someone will say something): although I am actively involved in my church, all opinions and observations are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the leadership, staff, or congregation.

CHURCH REPORT FOR October 17, 2021 

At our church service on Sunday, we observed Pastor Appreciation Day. We called Pastor Dick and Becky and Pastor Norm and Jessica to the front, presented them with gifts, and prayed over them. 

I've know Pastor Dick for 30 years, give or take. I'm tempted to think of how old that
makes me, but I get a little perspective when I realize he became pastor at roughly the same time I graduated high school! He has been a faithful under-shepherd to the flock. One of my activities is archiving messages (most of which are being painstakingly digitized) and I can tell you that Pastor Dick is a man whose textbook over the decades has been the Bible He is authentic. 

I haven't known Norm as long, but in his role as Youth Pastor, it is hard to picture a time he has not been here. He is a man of vision and integrity and humor. 

So we began the service by appreciating our pastors. Last week, we had an overview of Hosea. Today, Pastor Dick opened up for us the first three chapters. It is hard to believe some producer hasn't turned this account into a full scale prime-time drama! But more than just the drama of it all is the promise of restoration and deliverance of God's people. 

In our Adult group, we finished up the first part of Romans 8. Next week, we will be having some guest missionaries speaking in our class, so we'll be taking a break before the second part of this great chapter. So thankful for this group and their insights, knowledge, and observations...born out of a desire to know Scripture better. I'm so blessed to be with these folks.

So, how was your church service this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment