Monday, September 20, 2021

CHURCH REPORT FOR SEPTEMBER 19, 2021: A rainy weekend

 Disclaimer (because someone will say something): although I am actively involved in my church, all opinions and observations are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of the leadership, staff, or congregation.

CHURCH REPORT FOR September 19, 2021

It was a rainy weekend in the city of the eagle. A steady rain. A heavy rain. A rain that made me glad that I wasn't a lump of sugar left outside on the sidewalk. . 

With apologies for that little film noir introduction, we did have a rainy weekend. It helped wash out the smoke from the air and add some much needed moisture to our drought-stricken region. It also made for a refreshing atmosphere as we headed to church.

The Adult Bible Study went well. We started chapter 8 last week and got all the way through verse 4 this morning. I know that doesn't sound like much, but the way we all like to share insights and questions, that is an accomplishment. I was given a suggestion on how to arrange the class so we can have more Bible study time, so it's something to consider.

Pastor Dick spoke from Daniel 10 this morning about the spiritual warfare that we are in and the vital importance of prayer. It is a reminder that the battle we are in is a spiritual one. Closing the message, Pastor brought up a group of folks to lift us up corporately in prayer. 

I had a good time visiting shortly with a couple of folks after the service. One asked me a Bible question during the last song--my brain went blank, but I assured her I would find the answer.  I know a few folks in our congregation that are hurting or going through some issues. One gentleman shared a difficulty he was facing. And as I was leaving, I glanced out a door and saw a couple of our ladies comforting another woman. It made me happy, but it did not surprise me either--I've seen these ladies do this before. It's part of being in a family.

Prayer, support, encouragement, and time in the Word.  What a great place to be on a rainy weekend!

And how was your church service this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment