Saturday, April 27, 2013

DAY TRIP: WILDLIFE SAFARI

Today, we made a day trip to Winston, Oregon, home of "Wildlife Safari." This was my first time to this southern Oregon attraction.  In fact, it was my first time ever to a drive through a wildlife park.  As we passed the huge entrance, all I could hear in my head was Sir Richard Attenborough saying, "Welcome...to Jurassic Park!"

Of course, we didn't see any dinosaurs.  But we did see..
LIONS

 
AND TIGERS

AND BEARS.  OH MY!

 
AND CAMELS
 
AND ZEBRAS
 
AND HIPPOS
 
AND RHINOS
 
AND LAWN DECORATIONS (just wanted to see if you were still reading!)
 
 
Many times, as I go places, I tend to spot principles and concepts.  Today was "Children's Day" at the Safari, a fact we did not take into accout when planning this trip.  As we toured the "Village" (the combination visitor center and small animal exhibits and more), we saw kids constantly squeeling in delight and exitement over God's creation. I believe places like this are a great opportunity to help our kids see the hand of our Maker.
 
And in a more practical vein, Wildlife Safari knows how to do signs well (a lesson from Kidmin Facility Management 101)
 
If you're planning a trip to Oregon, Wildlife Safari is worth a look.

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment