Sunday, July 20, 2008

LAST MINUTE THOUGHTS BEFORE VBS

Today was set-up day for Vacation Bible School at our church. All the weeks and months of preparation and planning come down to this. A lot of us returned to the church after lunch and stayed until the evening hours transforming our building into the Power Lab, dealing with last minute questions and orientations, and enjoying pizza! So, needless to say, I'm tired and ready for bed. But I wanted to share some random thoughts before going to sleep.

  • Every year, I marvel at how hard it is to get volunteers, but then how the Lord brings a whole herd of them at the last minute.
  • I continue to be impressed by the creativity and ingenuity of our team members in decorating and problem solving.
  • We have some 14 year olds serving. We also have some 70's and 80's serving. What a neat mix!
  • My daughter may very well have a black eye from a stack of folding tables falling on her this evening. She says she's going to wear an eye patch and warn people to wear protective eye gear before doing scientific experiments.
  • I needed a couple of bookshelves from the C.E. office/storage room/catch-all. I never realized just how much stuff lay in front and upon those shelves. The upside is, I will finally be in a position to clean the room.
  • After years of service, my VBS assistant was unable to serve this year. If my VBS assistant is reading this: you are loved and appreciated....and I don't think everyone has fully comprehended just how important you have been. I have missed you...and you are in my prayers.
  • My wife correctly guessed the number of pizzas we would need for dinner tonight. How does she do that?
  • EquippingKids.com is, in my humble opinion, one of the best children's ministry distributors on the planet.
  • The Dollar Store is the children's worker's friend.
  • I'm tired, I'm sore, I'm worn out. And after much thought, I have decided that I still love VBS
Bring it on....to the glory of God to the benefit of the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment