Sunday, August 28, 2005

One down, two to go

My wife and I had the privilege this weekend of taking my daughter to college. It was a nice weekend with just the three of us. Actually, my little girl drove her own car and we took our vehicle for the four hour drive. We spent the night at a hotel a few minutes from the campus, ate dinner out, and laughed and joked.
The next morning, we pulled into the university parking lot and the adventure began. The staff was friendly and helpful. In fact, I spent a lot of time making mental notes of principles for children's ministry while I was there. Most of the morning was spent in line. Most of the afternoon was spent hauling my daughter's stuff up three flights of stairs! Fortunately, there were some strapping hunky college men around to carry the refrigerator, microwave, and other heavy items. I assured my daughter that this would be the last time I would feel comfortable with her receiving such attention from college boys.
A chapel service was held and then came the goodbyes. My wife and I left for the four hour excursion home, without our first born.
If this blog seems overly void of emotion and descriptive feelings, it's because I need to type quickly, lest the emotion and descriptive feelings keep me from finishing my first entry in about two or three weeks!
I'm proud of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment