Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Two weeks away

Sunday, June 19th, was Father's Day. We had toyed with the idea of going camping that weekend, but my daughter's college orientation was that Saturday, so it would not have been practical. I attended my church's Father's Day Breakfast, but I had no other commitments. I had already covered my teaching and leading assignments (since I thought I would be gone), so my family decided to kidnap me for Father's Day and take me to the breakfast buffet. It always feels strange not being in church, but when I glanced at my watch and saw that the service was almost half over, I realized I had enjoyed being with my family that morning.

Well, as I write this, we are planning to go camping tomorrow through Saturday. It should be fun...for the first time in our lives, we will have a dog with us. But for the second week in a row, I will not be involved in the children's ministry at our church. It's not because I will be gone (we'll be back Saturday afternoon), but because this weekend is the high school retreat at Lake Shasta, which our pastor is attending. With the pastor leaving town, I will be giving the morning message (from 2 Thessalonians 1). This doesn't feel as strange as not going to church, but I hope I have very few instances of being gone from the kids at Children's Ministries two weeks in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment