Merry Christmas and welcome to our 2009 edition of "Whadja Get?" I am so grateful for the love of family and friends. While many of us are old enough and mature enough to know that the season is not about presents, it's still fun to give and receive gifts. I like the laughter and sharing about how the different presents were obtained and the thought processes behind them. But most of all, I like what the gifts represent: the fact that someone cared about me enough to take the time and expense to get me something. The love and caring is the central part…the gifts are just the gravy.
So here's some of what I got:
- Bible commentary on Luke
- Thumb drive ('cuz you can never have too many thumb drives!)
- Comic collection on dvd-rom
- Star Trek and GI Joe videos
- Action figures (which I collect and also use for object lessons)
- A 20Q Star Trek electronic game (think of anything from Star Trek and it will guess what it is in 20 questions)
- Popcorn tin (and it even had popcorn in it!)
- Hawaii Warriors shirt (from my sister-in-law who lives in…wait for it…Hawaii!)
- A collector's edition Batman Pez dispenser set
- Dutch Bros coffee gift card (from one of my daycare kids)
- Spider-Man spin tooth brush (from one of my co-workers, because with great power comes great oral hygiene)
- A very nice Denver Broncos jacket
It was an enjoyable Christmas day. May you and your friends and loved ones be blessed throughout the New Year. Thank you for reading my blog.